In 100 characters - including spaces - or less (we’ll be tweeting them anonymously!) share your experience with us and you’ll have a chance to win a professional photo session from LookBetterOnline worth $150.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST: The Worst Valentine’s Day Contest (“Contest”) is designed to give Entrants (“Entrants”) the opportunity to submit short stories about their worst Valentine’s Day experiences. The Prizes will be awarded to the Entrants who submit the best entries as determined by the judges in accordance with these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence. Void where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Sponsor and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies; and (b) members of the immediate family of a person in (a) and/or those living in the same household as a person in (a).
3. HOW TO ENTER: This Contest begins on January 16, 2010 at 12:01AM Pacific Time and ends on January 29, 2010 at 6:00PM Pacific Time (“Contest Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrants can email a short description of their worst Valentine’s Day Experience (“Submission”). Submissions must be submitted during the Contest Period. Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for the Contest. Submissions using macro, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor or its designated representatives reserve the right to disqualify any Submission that does not conform to these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not notify Entrant whether the Submission has been disqualified. Limit one Submission per person per email address during the Contest Period. By entering the Contest, Entrants understand that all Submissions may be used by Sponsor and its designees as set forth herein.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Each Submission must include Entrants first and last name, email address, city and state of residence. Each Submission must also comply with the following:
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of Sponsor on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that it may sustain from any breach of a representation or warranty made by the Entrant or the use of any rights granted by the Entrant to Sponsor hereunder.
5. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by an independent judging organization, based on the following criteria: [Originality (25%); Creativity (25%); Humor (25%); and Appropriateness to Contest theme (25%).] In the event of a tie, the person among the tied entries with the highest score in [Appropriateness to Contest Theme] is the winner. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Winner will be notified by telephone, email and/or mail. If Sponsor cannot locate a potential winner within 7 days of attempted notification, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be six prizes awarded (“Prizes”), each consisting of the following:
• [Grand Prize: a gift certificate for a Gold Package photo shoot from LookBetterOnline.com (valued at $150)]
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winner. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. ALL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Specifics of prize will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of a prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Prize cannot be transferred by winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of prize by winner. If a Prize element is not available for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner, and no additional compensation will be awarded. Sponsor has no responsibility for cancellations, delays, or any other change by any company or person providing any element of the prize due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, and is not responsible or liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence thereof. The prize is awarded without warranty of any kind from Sponsor, express or implied, without limitation.
8. GRANT OF RIGHTS: All Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions on www.HurryDate.com (the “Site”) for purposes of this Contest. Entrants grant Sponsor the right to display their Submissions at the Site, at other Sites owned by Sponsor and on third party sites for advertising and promotional purposes. Winners hereby grant Sponsor a royalty free license, without geographic or time limitation, to display his or her Submission for promotional or advertising relating purposes in any and all media. Winners agree to sign any documents that may be necessary to affect the assignment of the licensing rights.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
10. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in the County of Los Angeles, California.
11. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: A copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a written request to: Travel and Events – Bad Valentine’s Contest Results; 8383 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 800, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 postmarked between February 1, 2010 and March 1, 2010 and received by March 8, 2010.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Spark Networks Limited, 8383 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 800, Beverly Hills, CA 90211